Research Assistant, Microbiology/Biotechnology/Chemical/Environmental Engineering
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering invites applications for the position as Research Assistant.
- Provide support in the laboratory for microbiology work such as isolation from environmental samples, microbial identification by microbiological techniques, microbial growth test in liquid and solid media and trial studies in laboratory scale fermenters
- DNA extraction from strains isolated or from environmental samples, and downstream sequenced DNA analysis
- Medium preparation and sampling
- Administrative work such as assisting in report writing and purchasing
- Minimum Diploma or Bachelor’s degree with relevant training in Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Chemical/ Environmental Engineering or related
- Experience in pure strain cultivation, preservation, and test in laboratory scale fermenter
- Skilled in microbial isolation agar design and agar preparation for microorganism isolation from environmental samples
- Skilled in PCR, electrophoresis, DNA sequencing result alignment and interpretation
- Background in Environmental Microbiology and related laboratory experience of cultivating microbes will be preferred
- Prior exposure to plants – soil - microorganism interactions would be an advantage
- Ability to perform report drafting and data analysis
- Motivated with good communication skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.