National Manager, Student Life
Office of Student Success, Functional Unit Student Programs, Multiple Campuses
- Leading the strategic planning and delivery of a range of student programs
- Managing a team to achieve outcomes for the enhancement of student life
- Continuing, full-time, could be based at our North Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane campuses
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
As part of the wider portfolio of the Chief Operating Officer & Deputy Vice-Chancellor, the Office of Student Success (OSS) provides students with support services to promote student engagement in university life, opportunities for student leadership development and opportunities for students to develop graduate attributes making them career-ready professionals.
The OSS is responsible for supporting student associations including the ACU National Student Association (ACUNSA) and the Postgraduate Association (PGA). OSS is also responsible for the delivery of university-wide initiatives that comply with regulatory and statutory requirements, such as Respect. Now. Always. (RNA) and Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults.
The National Manager, Student Life exercises strategic leadership in the planning, coordination and delivery of a range of student programs, activities and services for students consistent with the Mission and the strategic goals of the University.
More specifically the role entails:
- Managing the activities of the functional unit to meet the requirements of the University Mission, ACU Strategic Plan and Office of Student Success organisational unit plans and to ensure the service operates within budget.
- Managing the planning and delivery of the ACU Orientation Program at a national and a local level.
- Reporting on activities of the functional unit including progress and achievements and matters of internal and external compliance.
- Liaising and collaborating with the Director, Office of Student Success and other Managers in the development of integrated and cross disciplinary service delivery, joint programs and projects.
You will need to have:
- Tertiary qualification in Education, Marketing or Psychology and demonstrated successful management experience in a tertiary setting. Experience in remote supervision will be highly regarded.
- Extensive experience in a higher education setting delivering programs designed to increase student development and engagement. A demonstrated understanding of student development and engagement principles in the tertiary sector and major factors that influence this area. Extensive experience with the creation and start-up of new, innovative programs with ability to exercise initiative.
- Excellent project management skills (including planning, implementation, evaluation, reporting) to meet outcomes and deadlines. Ability to provide strategic advice, collate and interrogate data about student retention and success and produce relevant reports.
- To be able to coach and develop self and others through setting clear expectations, managing performance and developing required capabilities to establish a culture of learning and improvement.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $135,972 total rem - $145,092 total rem pa, including salary component $114,981 - $122,776 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 9), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Jane Caton at email@example.com
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: 11:55pm on Monday 10 August 2020
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.