GME Program Coordinator
GME PROGRAM COORDINATOR
(College of Health Sciences)
This material contains information that is confidential and proprietary of VinUniversity. Recipient may not distribute, copy, print or repeat information in the document.
Position GME Program Coordinator
Location Hanoi, Vietnam
VinUniversity is a newly developed, private, non-profit university in Hanoi, Vietnam. It was established by Vingroup with a mission to be the first world-class, internationally accredited and recognized university in Vietnam. VinUniversity has two overarching goals: to excel in teaching and training; and to produce graduates and research that contribute to developing the key economic sectors of Vietnam.
The formation of the VinUniversity is actualized through collaboration of Vingroup with Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. Cornell provides academic consulting on Management, Engineering and Technology; and Penn focuses on the Health Sciences disciplines. Both Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania are distinguished Ivy League institutions based in the United States of America. Cornell is involved in every aspect of the development of VinUniversity from infrastructure and campus planning to curriculum development and faculty hiring. Cornell’s SC Johnson College of Business is providing extensive academic advisement in a variety of areas, drawing from a wealth of faculty expertise at multiple colleges and units at Cornell University. Penn’s medical and nursing schools are functioning in a similar fashion to guide the formation of health science education at VinUniversity and to interface with Vinmec, Vingroup’s outstanding health system which currently encompasses 7 hospitals throughout Vietnam. VinUniversity aims to meet the QS 5-star rating standards and will include the following colleges within the University: a College of Business & Management (including Hospitality, and Real Estate); a College of Engineering and Computer Science; a College of Health Sciences. The University will be an English Medium Instruction (EMI) institution and plans to open for the inaugural class of students in Fall 2020.
Vingroup was established in Ukraine in 1993. Upon its relocation to Vietnam, the venture officially became Vingroup Joint Stock Company in 2012. Vingroup’s mission is “to create a better life for the Vietnamese people.” In 2016, Vingroup was recognized among the “Top 50 Most Valuable Brands in Vietnam” (by Brand Finance magazine). Today, Vingroup is one of the leading private enterprises in Vietnam, operating in eight core business areas including real estate, retail, hospitality, education, agriculture, healthcare, heavy industry (starting with automobile manufacturing) and smart technology. In 2016, education and healthcare became not-for-profit value-based systems.
Pham Nhat Vuong is the founder and chairman of Vingroup, which has $3.97 billion USD in net revenue (2017) and a largest market capitalization value of $13.6 billion USD in Vietnam (2018). Chairman Vuong is a visionary and true patriot of Vietnam and firmly believes that education is the single biggest catalyst that can transform the destiny of an individual, society, and nation. His aspiration is to create a breakthrough in the Vietnamese education sector and to groom the next generation of leaders in the 21st century and beyond for Vietnam.
With oversight and direction from the Program Directors and Associate Program Directors in Graduate Medical Education, the GME Program Coordinator is responsible for the operational and financial management of the 3 residency training programs in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and General Surgery. The position requires a comprehensive and detailed understanding of accreditation policies and hospital policies, as well as a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
The Program Coordinator will continually assess and direct a wide range of programmatic issues including long range planning, recruiting trainees, developing projects, analyzing administrative workflow, maintaining databases, communicating with faculty and trainees regarding a range of issues, and managing internal and external program relations.
REPORT TO: Internal Medicine Program Director
1. Administrative Duties
- Administrative support for 3 Residency Programs in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and General Surgery including calendar management, submission of expenses, telephone management, and other duties as assigned by Program Director.
- Provides both administrative supervision and support to residents/interns and applicants. Acts as a liaison between residents and hospital administration/human resources when necessary. Establishes relationships and acts as a liaison to other Hospitals, internal departments, and divisions regarding resident recruitment, orientation, annual program Affiliation Agreements, and external rotations.
- Coordinate the onboarding and termination processes for trainees annually, including compliance and completion of appropriate documentation for hospital privileges, certifications, and medical licensure.
- Creates and maintains clinical rotation and course schedules for each resident trainee.
- Manages materials for specialty-specific trainee exams and assist with proctoring exams on an as-needed basis.
- Supports all residency recruitment activities including recruitment events at outside medical schools, IFOM Exam planning and administration, interview days, interview scheduling, and applicant evaluations.
- Oversees all purchasing for the office/program. Assesses equipment acquisition and training needs, and makes recommendations to the Program Director. Orders equipment and supplies for the training office.
- Plans departmental annual events including recruitment, orientation, graduation, faculty retreats, as well as various meetings and program-related events.
- Organizes meetings and prepares and distributes materials for conferences and lectures. Addresses logistical needs for room reservations and audio-visual equipment.
2. Accreditation Compliance
- Interprets and applies ACGME-I, other national accrediting agencies, and hospital policies to support compliance.
- Assists in the preparation for ACGME-I Self Study, Site Visits, and internal/special reviews.
- Tracks, reports, and ensures compliance with procedures regarding licensing, annual contracts, and initial and re-credentialing of trainees.
3. Data Management
- Develops, implements, and oversees the maintenance of filing, record keeping, distribution of materials, and other types of office/program systems. Evaluates and standardizes office procedures and effectively troubleshoots and resolves issues.
- Manages the evaluative processes of the trainees, program, faculty, and rotations.
- Maintains the residency recruitment database and oversees its processes during the Residency Recruitment season.
- Performs all Match responsibilities and corresponds with newly matched residents about requirements and process for appointment to the hospitals
- Assists in monitoring residents’ duty hours via regular review of data reports.
- Creates and/or maintains external program advertising/media through websites, brochures, postcards, publications and other such media. Creates/edits annual publications regarding the program.
- Develops brochures, invitations, or advertisements for events/lectures.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- University Degree (Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or Public Health preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of office administration experience, preferably in a healthcare or education setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Vietnamese and English (the minimum requirement is IELTS (Academic) with a score of at least 7.0 or equivalent)
- Ability to organize information in a detailed and concise manner.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.
- Advanced skills with software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as other Program Management and database tools.
- Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Accommodation: VinUniversity will assist with accommodation options.
- Working permit: VinUniversity will assist in and provide advice for obtaining the necessary paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, working permit, ID, driver license, insurance, etc.)
- Child education: VinUniversity will assist in finding an excellent school for your child/children. There is education allowance if your child/children study at Vinschool.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter to email@example.com
Consideration of candidates will occur on a rolling basis beginning August 2020, and will continue until the position is filled. Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should submit a letter of nomination including the candidate’s contact information to the Search Committee.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.