Research Associate, School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering is looking for a candidate for the position as Research Associate.
The Research Associate (RA) will be responsible for the development of bacterial cellulose (BC)-based materials with tunable optical properties. He/she will design and conduct experiments to modify the microstructures of BC and investigate its impact on the optical properties using various techniques (e.g. microscopy and spectroscopy). Extensive experiences in bacterial cellulose production and microscopic characterizations are a must. In addition to performing experiments, the RA will take the lead in writing of technical reports as well as assist in the writing of annual report to the funding agency.
- Cellulose production by bacteria
- Material characterizations
- Development of cellulose based composite materials for optical applications
- Analyze data from experiments and present research progress regularly
- Compile results in a scientific manner and contribute data for manuscripts
- Write technical reports for submission to grant agency
- Master’s degree in Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related fields
- Experienced in molecular biology and bacterial culture
- Working knowledge in materials characterizations (i.e. SEM, XRD, FTIR, XPS, TGA, optical)
- Ability to design cellulose-based composite materials and experiments for characterizing the materials is a must
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player
- Track record of publication(s) is an advantage
- Excellent laboratory research, planning, data management and leadership skills
- Highly motivated and dedicated to the development of the project
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU