Research Fellow, Environmental Engineering/Chemical Engineering/Inorganic Chemistry
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute - Residues and Resource Reclamation Centre (NEWRI - R3C) is looking for a Research Fellow to support the research for the project titled: Development of a sustainable treatment process for sludge.
- Provide expertise on environmental and structural performances of waste residues (leaching behaviour, geotechnical properties etc.)
- Design the sampling protocols and analytical methods applicable for different types of waste residues
- Conduct techno-economic analysis, cost-benefit study and LCA of the incineration and high-temperature slagging gasification of sludge
- Design, conduct and troubleshoot experiments in the laboratory and the co-treatment (on-site) of municipal solid waste (MSW) and sludge at Waste-to-Energy Research Facility (WTERF)
- PhD degree in environmental engineering, chemical engineering, inorganic chemistry or related disciplines
- Experience in thermochemical conversion processes, heavy metals leaching, environmental impact and life cycle assessment, fate and transport analysis, geotechnical testing, ash/slag treatment and upcycling
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU