Senior Administration Control Officer
1 day left
- Full Time
FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE
VETERINARY SCIENCE DEANS OFFICE
FUNDRAISING AND STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 7
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The Faculty of Veterinary Science, as the only faculty of its kind in South Africa, has a unique responsibility in training all veterinarians and veterinary nurses. The Faculty has five academic departments, a veterinary hospital, several research centres and laboratories. The Faculty is looking for a dynamic candidate to fill the position of Fundraising and Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for raising funds for its undergraduate, postgraduate, national and international programmes, as well as to liaise with all stakeholders; plan, coordinate and administer the funds and Faculty projects and events linked to the funding. The incumbent’s responsibilities will mainly be the following:
- Develop and implement a strategy to source funding, donations, bursaries, scholarships and grants through various avenues; including organising fundraising campaigns and events;
- Administer and exercise budget control of the newly raised funds as well as the already existing bursaries, scholarships and grants;
- Setting up structures for internal communication related to funding opportunities;
- Generate, build and deepen relationships with stakeholders and partners; serving as the custodian of external stakeholder engagements and relations;
- Align, coordinate and manage all external stakeholder engagements; including logistical arrangements for stakeholders and international visitors;
- Contribute to the Faculty marketing and communication strategies to ensure visibility and more resource flow into projects/programmes;
- Participate and prepare Faculty Memorandum of Agreements (MOAs) with external stakeholders; and
- Administer all existing Faculty MOAs, including coordination of all staff and student related activities and exchanges with regards to the MOAs.
- A relevant B-degree;
- Five years’ experience in fundraising and project management;
- Proven track record in fundraising that has directly resulted in increased income for an organisation;
- Experience working with senior management in an organisation, where strategic input has been required; and
- International liaison experience.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client and donor relationships;
- Competency in writing and editing of complex documents;
- Ability to prepare accurate and creative documentation and presentations;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Demonstrable ability to develop and maintain income and expenditure tracking and evaluation systems;
- Sound ability to work within a computerised administrative environment;
- Ability to represent the Faculty in a variety of settings;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Drivers licence;
- Willingness to occasionally work outside normal hours when required; and
- Willing and able to travel often nationally and internationally.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Knowledge of the Faculty; and
- Knowledge and experience of working in higher education and/or veterinary sectors.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO Health medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online, quoting the applicable reference number.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Self-evaluation that addresses the required competencies as well as a full record of total funds raised; and
- Names, email addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 12 August 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 12 November 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to fill the advertised positions.