Research Assistant, Clinical Trials
3 days left
- Full Time
Stanford University is seeking a highly motivated research technician to join our team. In this role, you, the Research Associate, Clinical Trials, will play a critical role in advancing clinical and translational research projects at Stanford through the COVID Outpatient Clinical Trials Research Unit (CTRU) and Stanford ChEM-H. The goal of the COVID Outpatient CTRU is to accelerate the translation of treatments for COVID-19 by centralizing clinical trial resources and enabling hypothesis driven experimental research of an infectious disease in an outpatient setting. This is a 2-year fixed-term position with the possibility to extend based on project funding.
In this position you:
- Will be responsible for executing laboratory procedures according to standard operating protocols for the clinical trials and experiments as assigned.
- Should have training in wet lab techniques and strong organizational skills.
- Are a self-starter, comfortable with autonomy, and embrace opportunities to tackle new problems and challenges as part of a dynamic team in a start-up-like environment within the University.
- Will be working closely with clinical trials staff, clinical laboratory staff, physicians, and scientists.
You will also:
- Review COVID-19 literature on an ongoing basis to remain current with new procedures and apply learnings to related research.
- Participate in the preparation of written documents, including procedures, presentations, and proposals.
- Help with general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed.
- Assist with orientation and training of new staff or students on lab procedures or techniques.
*Please note this position may require the following:
- Work in close proximity to blood borne pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2.
- Work in an environment where animals are used for teaching and research.
- Work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or infectious diseases are present.
- Must perform tasks that require the use of personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses and shoes, protective clothing and gloves, and possibly a respirator.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or a related scientific or healthcare field.
- General understanding of scientific principles. Demonstrated performance to use knowledge and skills when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge of science principals to problem solve work.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.
- Knowledge and experience with biomedical research, clinical trials, and/or infectious diseases
- Familiar with laboratory information management systems (LIMS), such as Open Specimen
Certifications and Licenses:
Valid driver license
What is Stanford ChEM-H?
Stanford ChEM-H is a new interdisciplinary institute focused on connecting Chemistry, Engineering, and Medicine for Human Health. The institute was founded as a joint venture of the Schools of Medicine, Engineering, and Humanities and Sciences. The proximity of world-class biologists, chemists, engineers, and clinicians at Stanford presents a unique opportunity to study human biology at a molecular level, to translate this knowledge into groundbreaking products and services that promote healthy living, and to educate a new cadre of “physician-scientist-engineers” who will lead a rapidly evolving industry.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your cover letter should briefly describe your background and interest in this specific position.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4945
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 86847