Stanford Online High School
The Stanford Online High School (OHS) is an accredited, diploma-granting independent school serving students in grades 7-12. Stanford OHS brings together academically talented and motivated students from around the world into a vibrant intellectual community with teachers who are passionate about their disciplines, accomplished in their fields, and above all, dedicated to teaching. In the discussion seminar, a cornerstone of the Stanford OHS education, students and teachers engage in a rigorous academic program that develops the critical reasoning and argumentation skills so essential for success at the collegiate level and beyond. Beyond the classroom, students and instructors continue to collaborate in a dynamic school community, centered on student clubs, activities, competitions, and student publications. For more information about the school, please visit https://ohs.stanford.edu
The position is located at Stanford’s new Redwood City Campus but will be remote initially, until the government’s shelter in place mandate is lifted and the University approves that employees may return to work on campus. Upon hire, the selected candidate would complete a Temporary Telecommuting Agreement. Stanford OHS seeks an Admission Officer to play a key role for the school’s admissions process in order to maintain our diverse worldwide community of learners. Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, this position will contribute to the overall success of the school by directly supporting prospective student families with their applications and administering the admissions policies and procedures of the school. As a key collaborator with various school units, as well as with existing and prospective students, you will have an in-depth understanding of our innovative school program and enjoy the opportunity of working with educational professionals and scholarly educators within and outside of Stanford OHS.
Your responsibilities include:
- Read, evaluate, recommend and advocate for applicants to the Stanford OHS Admissions Committee. Consider applicants for admission based on current admissions criteria and priorities of the school. Assist the financial aid application and evaluation process.
- Manage assigned groups of applicants by researching, compiling and analyzing data, including demographics, historic applicant patterns, and test scores.
- Act as key point of contact to applicants and their families. Respond to inquiries via phone and email regarding application policies, processes and procedures in accordance with Stanford OHS’ established messaging. Communicate admissions decisions.
- Conduct virtual and in-person informational sessions for internal and external communities on a variety of subjects related to admissions, based on priorities at Stanford OHS.
- Represent Stanford OHS as the focal point of contact at planned admissions events, both on-site and at external venues, which might require travel. Direct vendors, or on-site personnel to successfully execute the event.
- Support creation of outreach strategies, present findings to management with recommendations for execution.
- Cultivate relationships with school personnel, professional organizations, students, parents and alumni with the intent of furthering goals of outreach and current priorities of Stanford OHS.
- Lead and manage small projects/programs by establishing and executing project plans, timelines, tasks, and objectives. Liaise with teachers, staff and outside agencies to execute plans.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good reading comprehension skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to learn admissions processes and programs.
- Ability to learn financial aid processes and programs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Proficiency in basic and professional software including MS Office.
- Ability to learn to use and manage web-based software and databases.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Familiarity with school admissions in secondary education or other relevant educational systems.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17000 staff. We seek talent driven staff to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ride-sharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in admissions, student support, and customer service, and you should also provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
**Note: The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
* Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7511
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Department URL: https://as.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 86849