Associate Athletics Director for Facilities and Housing
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletic program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 126 NCAA championship titles, completed an unprecedented sweep of both the men’s and women’s Capital One Cups, and have brought home the Learfield Director’s Cup for 25 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the university’s physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embodies a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way”, which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage, and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
We are seeking applicants for the position of Associate Athletics Director for Facilities & Housing. Reporting to the Senior Associate Athletics Director, you will oversee a staff of 23 people, manage day-to-day operations, and lead the department in strategic management for all housing, varsity and recreation facilities for Stanford athletics.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee a staff of 23 people; including executing performance evaluations, staff management, and forecasting department staffing needs.
- Oversee the management of all housing, maintenance, fields, varsity and recreation facilities for DAPER; including planning, directing, and monitoring the activities of these areas.
- Research, report and implement the latest innovations in facilities.
- Develop strategic plans in all areas of facilities and fields.
- Clarify and resolve problems spanning multiple areas of facilities and/or develop programs within assigned facilities.
- Collaborate with University officials and outside vendors.
- Clarify and resolve problems spanning multiple areas and develop programs within assigned facilities.
- Develop and manage a budget for area of responsibility, including staffing, maintenance, contracts, etc.
- Participate in annual and multiyear project prioritization, planning, and funding; lead department/unit strategic management; develop and review recommendations regarding short-term and long-range programs and projects, long-range financial and programmatic planning and development.
- Provide input into long-range financial, budgeting, and programmatic planning and development; provide input into the development of policies and procedures; interpret and manage policies and procedures for assigned area.
- Other duties as assigned.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or other appropriate technical area, or combination of technical education, training, and experience.
- Five or more years of extensive relevant professional and managerial experience in an environment with a variety of building types.
- Great communication skills and positive relationships with outside groups, students, faculty, and staff.
- Technical knowledge of best practices in facilities management discipline.
- Demonstrated experience managing service contracts.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing budgets.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting planning specifications, documents, working drawings, and related reports.
- Demonstrated experience understanding and applying relevant codes, regulations, and processes.
- Must have the ability to work on deadline and handle several responsibilities simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of current field trends and technologies.
- Significant independent judgment and self-motivation.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for insuring that his/her involvement with Athletic Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to apply:
Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application. All applications must be submitted via Stanford’s Careers webpage.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4363
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: L
- Requisition ID: 86866