The School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering invites application for the position of Project Officer.
- Work on a project to conduct the research on development of frequentist methods for sparse statistical learning used in intelligent transportation systems
- Analyse the collected high-dimensional low sample size data to find a small number of features that can well explain the behaviour of the data
- Couple stochastic gradients and Bayesian methods, and propose new portfolio of algorithms that yield results fast and efficiently without sacrificing the performance
- Study and comparison of the theoretical properties
- Apply the proposed algorithms to real data and systems to test the performance in the real world
- Write journal publications, and prepare grant applications
- At least a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, statistics or mathematics
- 3 years of experience in statistical modelling, especially, sparse models
- Good programming skills (Python, C, or C++)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Publication track record is an advantage
- Proficiency in English
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.