Lecturer in Early Modern Literature & Culture Education
The Department of English wishes to employ a Lecturer in Early Modern English Literature and Culture (Academic Education Pathway) for a fixed-term period of 7 months to cover maternity leave. The appointment will run from 1 September 2020. The successful candidate will have a strong teaching and research record to complement our current strengths in the field. They will be able to teach on a range of undergraduate modules. These are likely to include ‘Reading Poetry’, ‘Shakespeare’s London’, ‘History, Politics & the Elizabethan Imagination’, ‘Gender, Culture, Power in the Court of Elizabeth I’ and ‘The Film of the Play.’ The postholder will also contribute to the pastoral care of students as a Personal Tutor.
They will be responsible to the Head of Department
About the Faculty: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums
About the Department of English: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/english
- Participate in the planning, organisation and delivery of teaching activities within the department in accordance with established departmental practice.
- Serve as module convenor for undergraduate students.
- Act as personal tutor to students as agreed with the Head of Department and assist with difficulties, e.g. learning support/problems.
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations
- Participate fully in assessment and examination processes as appropriate using a variety of methods and techniques and provide effective, timely and appropriate feedback to students to support their leaning.
- Engage in professional development as appropriate.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be requested by the Head of Department.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
This advertisement does not meet the requirements for a Certificate of Sponsorship under Home Office regulations and therefore the university will not be able to offer sponsorship for this role.