1 day left
- Part Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Hours: Part Time
Job Type: Research
Salary: £27,511 pro rata per annum
Vacancy Type: Academic / Research Vacancies
Closing Date: 05/08/2020
Ref No: 3005
Documents: 3005 JD Research Ass ( Should I Stay).pdf (PDF, 468.65kb)
Are you a self-motivated individual, capable of working independently and as part of a dynamic research team? We are seeking a Research Assistant for 0.3 fte for 26 weeks to contribute to a funded project that will explore the decision making behaviour of people suffering with an acute cardiac condition during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The main tasks that the Research Assistant would be required to undertake would include:
- (a) contacting potential participants, invite, and consent them to participate in the study;
- (b) undertake up to 30 semi-structured telephone/online interviews with study participants and their family member;
- (c) analyse the interview data using a thematic approach;
- (d) arrange regular live and MS Teams meetings with the Research Team to provide progress reports;
- (e) prepare draft manuscripts for the Team to review and advance the paper following feedback from the Research Team
Experience of report writing, publishing in academic journals and undertaking qualitative health research is essential. Working with people with heart disease and a Doctorate is desirable.
LJMU values diversity and provides a supportive and inclusive environment where everyone can fulfil their potential.
Informal enquiries can be made to Professor Ian Jones at email@example.com
Please note all of our vacancies will be closed to applications at midnight on the advertised closing date, unless otherwise stated.