Lecturer in Modern English Literature Education
6 days left
- Part Time
The Department of English wishes to employ a Lecturer in Modern English Literature (Academic Education Pathway) for a fixed-term period of 10 months to cover maternity leave. The appointment will run from 1 September 2020. The successful candidate will have a strong teaching and research record to complement our current strengths in the field. They will be able to teach on a range of undergraduate and postgruaduate modules. These are likely to include ‘Reading Poetry’, ‘D.H Lawrence’, ‘Mapping Modernism’, as well as a compulsory MA module, ‘Text, Culture, Theory’. They will play a part in the intellectual life of the Department, as well as contributing to the pastoral care of students as a Personal Tutor and supervising undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations.
They will be responsible to the Head of Department
- Participate in the planning, organisation and delivery of teaching activities within the department in accordance with established departmental practice.
- Serve as module convenor for undergraduate modules.
- Act as personal tutor to students as agreed with the Head of Department and assist with difficulties, e.g. learning support/problems.
- Participate fully in assessment and examination processes as appropriate using a variety of methods and techniques and provide effective, timely and appropriate feedback to students to support their leaning.
- Engage in professional development as appropriate.
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be requested by the Head of Department.