Department Molecular Biology
Category Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Work Schedule Approximately 75% duty time initially, with opportunity for full-time with training and additional responsibility.
Princeton University’s Department of Molecular Biology is hiring a part-time Laboratory Technician to assist with media production for a lab that focuses on microbiology research.
Responsibilities include maintenance of all media, buffers, and antibiotic stocks for general lab use, as well as production of specific reagents, as requested by individual lab members. A successful candidate will ideally have previous experience with media required for bacterial growth.
The role will initially be part-time at 75% duty time, however, there is the possibility of additional responsibilities and hours upon training. The position is a 2-year term with possibility for extension.
To apply, please submit a cover letter (text box provided during application process) and resume.
- Previous experience with media and buffer preparation and other biology lab techniques
- Knowledge of bacterial growth media, as well as buffer preparation
- Experience with aseptic techniques, ability to follow protocols
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Proficiency in English language communication
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds
- High School Diploma
- Two or more years of laboratory experience
- Ability to manage own time and prioritize tasks
- Ability to learn new tasks and concepts
- BA/BS degree preferred
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.