Lecturer, Pharmacology and Toxicology
FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE
DEPARTMENT OF PARACLINICAL SCIENCES
PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY SECTION
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training, as applicable to qualification, in Veterinary Pharmacology;
- The preparation, presentation and review of course material
- Lectures, seminars and tutorials, student assessment, student support and participating in curriculum improvement and development;
- Actively participating in departmental research programmes and service rendering activities, including service rendering to developing communities and continuing education programmes;
- Performing administrative and management tasks as delegated by the Head of Department; and
- Undertake to complete their further studies in the field, if an advanced degree is not already held.
- BVSc-degree or equivalent veterinary degree;
- Registered (or registrable) as a Veterinarian with the SAVC;
- Appropriate experience and knowledge of Veterinary Pharmacology.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Computer skills for presentation, word-processing and spreadsheets;
- Appropriate language and communication skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Lecturing experience in Veterinary Pharmacology;
- Employment at an academic institution;
- Proven track record in research and scientific publications;
- A postgraduate qualification.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 14 August 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms DM Ntlwana Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for application-related enquiries, and Prof CJ Botha, Tel: (012) 529 8023 for enquiries relating to the post content
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 December 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.