Facilities Technology Specialist
3 days left
- Full Time
Department PPPL Facilities
Category Facilities Management and Physical Plant
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a world-class fusion energy research laboratory managed by Princeton University for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. PPPL is dedicated to developing the scientific and technological knowledge base for fusion energy. The Laboratory advances the fields of fusion energy and plasma physics research to develop the scientific understanding and key innovations needed to realize fusion as an energy source for the world.
The Facilities Technology Specialist will assist the Facilities and Site Services Department with identifying, implementing, and expanding technology-based solutions for improving infrastructure management at PPPL. This includes work-flow process creation within the existing Computerized Maintenance Management System (Maximo) for work planning and controls (WPC), development of electronic job hazard analysis forms, expansion of the CMMS to oversee experimental equipment, synching the CMMS assets with pinned locations in our space management software, and implementation of AI for generating predictive maintenance of critical equipment. The Facilities Technology Specialist will explore and assist with identifying the latest technology solutions available in the industry and their applicability at PPPL.
- 30% - Manage the Computerized Maintenance Management System (Maximo). Work with leadership and stakeholders to develop PM schedules, procedures, equipment records, location records, labor records, job plans, safety plans, and planning work-flows. Ensure consistency between CMMS with other databases including FIMS and VFA Facility. Use Cognos Information Warehouse to create reports. Provide training and technical support to leadership and technicians. Provide customer service to users of the work request system.
- 30% - Develop innovative, technology-based solutions to Facilities challenges, like utilizing sensors to perform predictive maintenance, tagging physical assets with electronic locations on, and integrating experimental equipment into the asset tracking system for research purposes.
- 20% - Adapt work-flows for integration into the CMMS using digital solutions. Develop work planning and controls (WPC) work-flow that will allow review and input by safety, QA, engineering, and management for work performed by Facilities. Develop electronic job hazard analysis interfaces for technicians to use on tablets while performing work.
- 10% - Provide data for reporting in accordance with DOE and FIMS requirements. Develop source documentation for FIMS annual data validation.
- 10% - Provide datasets and assist in creating KPIs (key performance indicators) for Facilities and Lab leadership.
Education and Experience:
To perform this job successfully the Facilities Technology Specialist must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma required. Applicable Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with implementing technology solutions.
- Minimum of two years of experience with administrative use of Maximo or similar CMMS program.
- Familiarity with Facilities departments and their various functions preferred.
- Experience with VFA Facility database or similar system a plus.
- Familiarity with work planning and controls work-flow.
- Knowledge of modern industry technology and best practices for those systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong multi-platform computer skills with the ability to effectively use various campus, department, and Department of Energy (DOE) software systems.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills and interact in a positive manner with others to form strong professional working relationships.
- Must demonstrate competence in knowledge of policies/procedures (PPPL preferred) and federal regulations (DOE preferred).
- Must demonstrate solid organizational and multitasking skills.
- Must pass a background check.
- This position requires sitting at a computer workstation for long periods of time.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.