Research Specialist I
Department Princeton Neuroscience Inst
Category Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Name of Lab Gomez Lab
A Research Specialist position is available in the Brain Development Lab (Gomez Lab) in the Princeton Neuroscience Institute at Princeton University. The Gomez lab focuses on the development of the human brain through MRI and behavior. This position is equivalent to that of a lab manager, but will also provide many opportunities for data analysis, experimental design, and publishing. The successful candidate will manage day-to-day laboratory operations and work with researchers to design, perform, and analyze experiments. Being able to work well with children and infants is a must.
This is a one-year position with the possibility of renewal contingent upon funding availability and performance. Start date is August/September of 2020. The final candidate will receive training on MR safety and must successfully pass an MR safety screening in order to work in the MR environment e.g., cannot have MR-unsafe metal implants or other medical safety exclusions).
Applications should include a:
- cover letter (to be entered in the text field during the application process, and
- list of at least two potential referees (to be attached in the Other Documents attachments section).
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- perform general lab maintenance duties
- manage laboratory ordering and purchases
- assist researchers with experiments
- programming and analysis of data
- other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (BA, BS) in Neuroscience or related field
- 1 year minimum of laboratory experience pre- or post-baccalaureate
- Experience with MRI data and related software (e.g., MATLAB, FreeSurfer)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding references
- Comfortable working with infants and children
- Experience with methods in computational neuroscience
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including programming skills with Python/MATLAB and FreeSurfer, are considered a significant plus
This position is subject to the University's background check policy.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.