Project Electronic Engineer
Department PPPL Engineering and Infrastrc
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
To design, develop and operate electronic equipment in support of instrumentation and control systems on experimental devices.
- Design, Develop, and Support instrumentation and control systems: 60%
- Daily operation and maintenance of control and monitoring System: 15%
- Create and maintain diagrams, drawings and documentation for various systems: 10%
- Embedded controller development and support: 15%
- BS in Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering, and at least 7 year of relevant experience thereafter, or MS and at least 5 year of relevant experience thereafter.
- National Instruments equipment (cDAQ, cRIO, PXI).
- Working with Digital I/O.
- Working with Analog Data acquisition and signal conditioning techniques.
- Generating and reading State Machine, Logic Flow and Interconnection Diagrams.
- Developing logic for Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Board Layout, bringing designs to production levels of maturity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with a diverse set of scientists, engineers and technical staff with varying skill levels and backgrounds is fundamental to this position.
Strong organizational skills and communication skills with the ability to present ideas and concerns in a positive and professional manner.
- Autodesk Eagle Software.
- Windows or Linux Operating Systems.
- National Instruments LabView.
- Efficient use of typical benchtop equipment (DVM, Oscilloscope, Function Generator etc.)
- PowerPoint, Excel, Word or equivalent office software.
- Must be able to physically lift, move and install typical rack mountable equipment.
- The ability to occasionally work in awkward positions by bending, stooping, crawling and climbing ladder should be expected.
- Office work, electronics lab work, field work.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.