Research Specialist I
Department Princeton Neuroscience Inst
Category Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Name of Lab Witten Lab
The Princeton Neuroscience Institute has a Research Specialist I position available in the lab of Professor Ilana Witten. The successful applicant will be energetic, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with at least 2 years of experience in a wet lab research setting. Applications should include a cover letter, a CV, and a list of at least two potential referees. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
This is a one-year term position with the possibility of renewal contingent upon performance and continued funding.
- training mice and rats on behavioral tasks,
- performing optogenetic experiments, and
- histological analysis of brain tissue.
The possibility of contributing to cellular-resolution imaging experiments exists as well.
The research specialist will collaborate with graduate students or postdoctoral research fellows in the lab to understand the neural circuits underlying reward-related behaviors.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in neuroscience, biology, engineering or a related field is required.
- Familiarity with Matlab, Python or R for data analysis is ideal.
- Research experience involving neuroscience methods is preferred.
This position is subject to the University's background check policy.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW