PhD / Postdoc position in Learning Analytics
- Full Time
PHD/POSTDOC POSITION IN LEARNING ANALYTICS
Research in the Augment group of the department of Computer Science at the KU Leuven focuses on how end-users interact with personalised systems, such as recommender systems, personalised search and targeted advertisement. The objective is to enable end-users to understand the rational of such systems and to enable them to steer the personalisation process with input and feedback. The focus is on visualisation and interaction techniques, using the full spectrum of hardware from small mobile devices to large multi-touch displays. Applications include learning analytics, precision agriculture, healthcare, media consumption, and digital humanities.
We have an open position (fully funded) on learning analytics. As part of two projects on Smart Education, we will be researching the use of learning analytics dashboards and interactive recommender systems in educational settings. We welcome applications of both postdocs and PhD candidates.
We expect from applicants:
- an excellent Master degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- strong programming skills
- the ability to do independent research
- a good background and interest in human-computer interaction research
- strong commitment and the ability to work in a team
- a high level of proficiency in English, both spoken and written.
Funding is available immediately. The research will be carried out at the Department of Computer Science of KU Leuven.
More information about the financial compensation can be found online at http://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/en/phd-info
The deadline for submitting applications is 15 August 2020. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the position will remain open until filled by a suitable candidate.Interested applicants should upload the following documents:
- letter of application, including the motivation to apply for the position
- a recent research project (e.g. master thesis, scientific publication)
- transcripts of bachelor and master degrees.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. ir. Katrien Verbert, firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply for this job no later than August 15, 2020 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.