Research Fellow, Chemical Engineering/Chemistry/Physics/Material Science
The School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering invites applications for our Research Fellow position.
The Choksi research group is seeking a Research Fellow funded by Ministry of Education, Academic Research Fund, Tier-1 New Faculty seed grant. The Research Fellow will help advance foundational knowledge in the screening nanomaterials for catalytic applications. The Research Fellow will employ data driven models and microkinetic modelling to design transformative new catalysts for valorising low carbon feeds.
- High throughput screening of heterogeneous catalysts using data driven methods
- Use ab initio thermodynamics to determine catalytic structures under working conditions
- Calculating reaction rates using microkinetic models
- Working in collaboration with experimental scientists from the group of Prof. Paul LIU
- Working together with PhD students from Choksi’s group, and undergraduate researchers
- Writing papers and delivering technical presentations
The competencies and qualifications of an ideal candidate are listed below:
- PhD or equivalent in chemical engineering, chemistry, physics, material science or an allied field
- Extensive experience in using quantum mechanical and molecular modelling packages like VASP and Quantum ESPRESSO, has advanced knowledge of first principles thermodynamics, and reaction kinetics modelling
- Basic knowledge about computational screening of nanomaterials
- Prior experience with statistical learning methods will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with Python and working in a Linux based platform
- Intellectually curious and think deeply and creatively
- Good interpersonal skills and enjoy working in cross disciplinary teams
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU