Research Fellow, Chemical Engineering/Chemistry/Physics/Material Science
The School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering invites applications for our Research Fellow position.
The Choksi research group is seeking a Research Fellow funded by the start up grant. The Research Fellow will help advance foundational knowledge in the area of transforming stranded hydrocarbons into chemical building blocks. The Research Fellow will employ electronic structure calculations, first principles thermodynamics, and microkinetic modelling to understand catalytic processes at the molecular scale.
- Performing ab initio calculations for heterogeneous catalysts
- Using ab initio thermodynamics to determine catalytic structures under working conditions
- Calculating reaction rates using microkinetic models
- Understanding catalyst deactivation using multi-scale models
- Working together with PhD students from Choksi’s group, and undergraduate researchers
- Writing papers and delivering technical presentations
The competencies and qualifications of an ideal candidate are listed below:
- PhD or equivalent in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Material Science or an allied field
- Extensive experience in using quantum mechanical and molecular modelling packages like VASP and Quantum ESPRESSO, has advanced knowledge of first principles thermodynamics, and reaction kinetics modelling
- Familiarity with Python and working in a Linux based platform
- Intellectually curious and think deeply and creatively
- Good interpersonal skills and enjoy working in cross disciplinary teams
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU