Research Fellow, Physical Chemistry/Inorganic Chemistry
The School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering invites applications for our Research Fellow position.
The candidate will need conduct independent research on the investigation of reaction mechanism for CO2 photocatalytic and electrocatalytic reduction and H2O2 production by using various in-situ spectroscopy and electrochemical techniques to explore the reaction intermediates and the electronic structure of the catalysts.
- Ph.D in Physical Chemistry or Inorganic Chemistry
- Strong ability to conduct independent research and publish journal papers and have good publication record in photocatalysis and electrocatalysis
- Strong analytical and conceptual abilities
- Regular reports and good documentation of work are expected
- Strong research background based on two-dimensional nanomaterials, transition metal compound and COF/MOFs materials used as photocatalysts/electrocatalysts for CO2 reduction, ORR, OER, HER etc.
- Experience of using advanced equipment such as synchrotron radiation XAS, spherical aberration corrected STEM, EPR to analyse the electronic and local structure of the catalysts and the experience for the dynamic characterization such as ultrafast transient absorption spectroscopy is preferred
- Able to operate the TEM, SEM, XRD, UV-Vis, Gas Chromatography etc.
- Minimum 3 years of experience
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU