W1 professorship for ‘Digitization in vocational education
The University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd is the key academic institution for education, health and interculturality in the eastern region of the Stuttgart metropolitan area in southwest Germany. It offers a special range of subjects and study courses addressing the social challenges of educational equity, diversity, sustainability and the digital future. As a university of education, it promotes a wide variety of career paths in research, teaching and academic management.
Within the framework of Germany’s Joint Federal Government-Länder Funding Programme for Junior Academics, the University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd has been awarded funding for four tenure-track professorships. It is therefore seeking to fill a
W1 professorship with tenure track to W3 (m/f/x)
for ‘Digitization in vocational education’
(index number 2020/25)
starting on the 1st of April 2021.
This position features a limited overall duration of 6 years (4 + 2 years) and may be converted into a permanent W3 professorship in the event of a positive evaluation. The institution welcomes applications from outstanding junior academics with the potential to play a role in refining the research profile of international prominence at the University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd. The recruitment process is additionally subject to the requirements for appointing junior professors as stated in Section 51 (2) of the Baden-Württemberg State Higher Education Act (LHG). Additional information is provided under http://www.ph-gmuend.de/forschung/tenure-track-professuren.
Tasks: The applicant will
- Be expected to contribute to the topic of digitization in vocational education.
- Be responsible for the professional development of teaching courses at all study levels (i.e. undergraduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing education.
- Be responsible for the professional development of students, preservice teachers and educational staff in the sector of vocational education and training (VET).
- Established an unique research approach on digitalization in vocational education. This includes developing digital approaches for teaching and learning in German and English.
Qualification: The applicant must have
- Sustainable excellence in the field of digital transformation within vocational education.
- Expertise in professional skills development.
- Profound knowledge in vocational learning activities, especially in the advertised position.
Qualification: The applicant should have
- A PhD degree in Vocational Educational Sciences, or in Psychology or any comparable discipline.
- An empirical focus on implications of digitization in vocational education and higher education and didactics.
- In depth experience in teaching at university level, preferable at master courses in Technical and Vocational Education and Nursing Education and Science. The teaching skills should be demonstrated by formal assessments.
- A significant scientific record with specific national and international publications and conference contributions.
- A professional competence for teaching in the described fields, proven by course evaluation of selected courses.
- A self-reliant academic profile within the postdoc phase, i.e. by peer reviewed publications, projects acquisition and development.
- Sufficient international experience, i.e. in research groups, conference contributions, active participation in associations.
- The capacities required to undertake high-level academic research. This also includes the capacity to raise research funds, to supervise projects, to animate and lead a research team.
We provide an attractive working environment and a diverse range of career development options for all employee groups with a focus on gender equality and work-life balance. Our ‘AnSCHub’ career portal and the ‘Tenure Track on Top’ programme offer targeted support in establishing your academic profile. Professorships can also be tailored to applicants’ needs in all phases of life. We encourage female academics to explore the various options we provide and submit their applications.
If you have any questions about the content of the professorship, Mr. Prof. Uwe Faßhauer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Prof. Lars Windelband (email@example.com). Queries relating to academic career advancement or gender equality and family matters should be directed to the Research Consultant (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Gender Equality Consultant (email@example.com).
Your application featuring the index number 2020/25 and the usual supporting documents (CV, copies of academic certificates, list of publications, list of courses taught, description of academic activities to date and presentation of personal research and teaching concept) must be submitted in PDF format by the 1st of October 2020 to the Dean of Faculty I at the University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd, Oberbettringer Strasse 200, 73525 Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany (please e-mail application to firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. The university is committed to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
The university wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. It therefore encourages you to inform them of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
Apply for W1 professorship for ‘Digitization in vocational education
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly