- To ensure that the Dean’s Office operates efficiently, and that secretarial and administrative work are handled competently and effectively.
- Performs a variety of complex secretarial and clerical tasks which require considerable independent action and judgment
- Deals with a high-volume and confidential workload while coping with conflicting demands.
- Composes routine and confidential correspondence in a timely manner.
- Ensures confidentiality of restricted information.
- Controls the Dean’s calendar and assigns appointments after determining the relative importance and urgency.
- Screens and prioritizes telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner, responding where feasible or redirecting as necessary.
- Greets visitors to the office, both internal and external to the College, and deals with complaints and requests as necessary while referring to appropriate source of information.
- Gives information and explains policies, procedures or regulations in response to inquiries, using knowledge of organization and its function
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships both within and external to the College.
- Requests and collates information from departments for inclusion in reports to higher authorities.
- Prepares and distributes agendas, minutes, and supporting documentation for monthly Faculty Council meetings and other meetings as required.
- Takes minutes of Faculty Council meetings, transcribes from notes to produce a final copy.
- Maintains duplicate personal files for all faculty members, including complaints, disputes, promotion criteria and salary information.
- Organizes and maintains files, correspondence and other records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by the direct supervisor.
- Assists with English documentation to ensure spelling and terminology is correct.
- This position is available for UAE Nationals only.
Minimum Qualification BSc with Suitable experience
Preferred Qualification As Above
- Secretarial experience in an academic environment
- Capacity to prioritize tasks and manage workload while under pressure
- Ability to conform to strict deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised and undirected
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent command of written English
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Computer literacy
- Ability to act as a member of the decanal team
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Dean's Office - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 6000 to 15000 AED