Research Engineer, School of Accountancy
- Bachelor Degree
- Closing On 22 Aug 2020
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Assist with data collection and language algorithm development in Year 1 of the research project
- Data collection will include implementing automated downloading from social media
- Language algorithm development focuses on analysing the quality of information provided onsocial media
- The above tasks will require a working knowledge of Python coding or a similar coding language
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science with some professional experience
- Knowledge in information systems and computer sciences, in particular, with programing and coding ability
- Ability in using and/or programming using Python coding or a similar coding language
- Good knowledge of Chinese as analyzing information in Chinese social media is required