Internship, Equine Medicine and Surgery
UP Professional and Support
FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE
DEPARTMENT OF COMPANION ANIMAL CLINICAL STUDIES
INTERNSHIP (12 MONTH CONTRACT APPOINTMENT)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 10
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
Internship: Equine Medicine & Surgery post 16103, Department of Companion Animal Clinical Studies, Faculty of Veterinary Science
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
Wonderful opportunity for a Junior Veterinarian who wants to gain more experience in the Equine Clinic and learn from the best specialists.
The Department of Companion Animal Clinical Studies has a vacancy for an Equine Medicine & Surgery Intern for 2020 - 2021:
The successful candidate will actively participate in the following areas:
- Clinical service in several sections of the Department of Companion Animal Clinical Studies, including a 24-hour and weekend service;
- Administrative duties associated with clinical work;
- Assist with teaching and clinical/ practical training (including basic surgical skills) of undergraduate veterinary and veterinary nursing students;
- Assist clinicians with research and publications;
- Other clinical/ academic duties as delegated by the line manager; and
- Community engagement activities, including clinical duties at community clinics associated with the University.
- BVSc-degree or equivalent professional veterinary qualification;
- Registration as a Veterinarian with the SAVC;
- Acknowledged clinical experience;
- Adequate subject knowledge of equine medicine and surgery.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Office, internet); and
- After-hours availability.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Commitment to further academic development.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 6 August 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms MB Nyathela, Tel: (012) 529 8541
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 6 November 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.