Research Fellow, Flood Risk Analysis
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The Disaster Analytics for Society Lab at Asian School of the Environment, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore is looking for an exceptional candidate for a postdoctoral position in the field of disaster risk with a particular focus on Flood Risk Analysis. The lab aims to rapidly deploy and produce valuable, actionable research in pre- and post-disaster contexts in Southeast Asia to inform both risk reduction and recovery efforts. The ideal candidate will combine strong technical expertise with a passion for humanitarian and disaster-related research.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceive, design, prototype and implement solutions to collect and analyze complex data on flood hazard and its impacts on the built environment
- Support the testing and implementation of machine learning algorithms and their integration within the flood risk analysis framework
- Analyze flood adaptation measures for coastal and riverine flooding for select cities in South-East Asia
- Develop flood damage models appropriate for select case-study cities
- Supervise and mentor junior colleagues, as needed
- PhD degree in quantitative earth, environmental system or environmental engineering sciences or related fields
- Experience with developing flood damage models
- Experience with flood modeling tools and state-of-the-art software, especially the Deltares flood modeling suite
- Experience with machine learning and its application for flood risk modelling
- Demonstrated ability to publish high-quality research
- Self-driven, highly motivated, collaborative, with interest to work with other researchers and scientists (team player) to produce high-quality and impactful research
- Interest in the field of natural hazards and reducing their impacts on society
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Interested applicants are invited to submit a full CV, work samples and names and contact details of two referees.
Enquiries can be sent to Ms. Sanjana Tadepalli (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU