Project Officer, Proteomics and Drug Discovery
A Project Officer position is available in the Laboratory of Prof Zbynek Bozdech at the School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University.
- Perform laboratory experiments independently or with other team members as instructed
- Sample preparation, routine utilization and maintenance of the LC-MS/MS platform
- Maintain laboratory space, equipment and inventory in an appropriate and professional manner
- Communicate as a team member with other functional groups
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, proactive planning and ability to organize and carry out tasks with quality in a timely fashion
- Respond to direction as provided and follow established maintenance of notebook records and documentation standards
- Required to have meticulous organization and record keeping skills
- BS or MS in Biology, Biochemistry or related field
- Educational emphasis in mass spectrometry, analytical biochemistry or a related field preferred
- Experience with LC-MS/MS systems, including proteomic sample preparation, troubleshooting, routine maintenance, data acquisition and data analysis is welcome but not absolutely necessary
- Experience with biochemical and molecular biological techniques, e.g. in vitro cell culture is a plus
- Interest in drug discovery and infectious diseases is a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.