Head of College/Professor, Social Work and Community Services
- Continuing, Full Time (Professor – Social Work)
- School of Nursing Midwifery and Social Sciences
- CQUniversity Rockhampton North
- Total Remuneration $220,081 pa (including salary of $185,972 plus 17% superannuation and 12.96% leave loading)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Sciences is recognised as a leader in nursing education – our academics are lauded for learning, teaching, research and community engagement – we benefit from strong industry ties and strive to maintain the high standards of ever-changing healthcare.
In the first 3 years of your appointment, you will fill the role of Head of College for Social Work and Community Services. In collaboration with the Deans, Deputy Deans and College Coordinator, you will take responsibility for the academic leadership and oversight of quality of all aspects of the educational experience of students within the College. You will also act as the internal and external advocate for your discipline. You will have a good network within your discipline and an ability to successfully navigate the accreditation procedures of the relevant professional body.
In your continuing position as Professor – Social Work you will exercise a special responsibility in providing leadership and in fostering excellence in research, teaching, professional activities and policy development in the relevant discipline within the School and University, and within the community, both scholarly and general.
This role is situated at our beautiful Rockhampton North Campus. CQUniversity Rockhampton North is the university's main campus and administrative centre providing a service community for the largely rural Central Queensland region. If you aren’t currently residing in the area, the University will assist your move by providing a generous relocation package.
- Hold doctoral qualifications (PhD or equivalent) plus significant experience in social work education and research.
- An understanding of current professional and educational issues within higher education and evidence of welldeveloped industry, research and/or government networks.
- Member of the Australian Association of Social Workers or eligible to become a member (AASW)
Apply today for a career that changes lives www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday, 16 August 2020.
- Vacancy Reference Number: 33660
When submitting your application, please include the following: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria. Use only alphabetic or numeric characters in your CQU application. Do not use characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.