Energy Research Institute @ NTU invites applications for the position of Research Associate.
The Research Associate will work in a project context whose ultimate objective is to develop and demonstrate a simulation-based test framework for the evaluation and validation of performance, reliability and safety of autonomous vehicles under different road and environmental conditions. A particular objective is to validate the simulation models by means of physical tests on a test circuit.
- Analysis of simulation technologies and methodologies for the validation of AVs
- Support the development of a V&V process for AV deployment – focus on where simulation makes sense
- Write functional and safety requirements for AV deployment and derivation of scenarios
- Definition of KPIs for scenario evaluation
- Implementation of scenarios in simulator and evaluation of open source ADS-stacks as a case study
- A Master's degree or equivalent in Transportation Engineering, Civil Engineering or similar fields
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in research and automotive domain
- Strong numerical modelling skills and a good understanding of dynamic vehicle models, sensor models and safety
- Knowledge of the stakes and system safety challenges associated with the validation of autonomous vehicles
- Skills in using simulation for system design validation
- Possess analytical skills, strong autonomy and team spirit
- Demonstrate a keen sense of organization and perform the tasks assigned rigorously
- Ability to work as a project: reporting on progress and communicating results
- Competency in French language is a plus but not mandatory
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.