Assistant/Associate Professor in Mechanical Engineering
Yeditepe University offers an education compatible with the expectations of the information age and carries out its academic activities at 13 Faculties namely Dentistry, Pharmacy, Arts and Sciences, Fine Arts, Law, Economics and Administrative Sciences, Communication,
Architecture, Engineering, Health Sciences, Medical and Commercial Sciences, 2 Schools and 1 Vocational School entailing 77 undergraduate and 4 associate degree programs. In addition, postgraduate education is conducted in 83 Master Degree programs and 43 Doctoral Degree programs. Yeditepe University is built on strong foundations. As a research university, Yeditepe University continues its scientific research as well as education in 10 Research and Application Centre and 181 laboratories and workshops, adding on to its contribution to industry and our society.
Department of Mechanical Engineering at Yeditepe University invites applications for an Assistant/Associate Professor position. The position is open immediately.
We search for top candidates who would like to become our new colleague in the Mechanical Engineering in Yeditepe University. As Assistant/Associate Professor, you will conduct high quality and internationally leading research in the field of Mechanical Engineering. The position includes contributing to BSc, MSc and PhD courses, publishing in peer-reviewed journals, and acquiring funding for research (industry, EU
and the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey). You will also supervise PhD and MSc students. Part of the positions’ responsibilities is devoted to management activities such as participation in department and faculty committees.
- PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent skills and knowledge in Mechanical Engineering
- International academic experience and reputation in an emerging area of Mechanical Engineering publications in high-impact journals and conferences
- Recognized teaching qualifications and experience in supervision of the PhDs, MSc, BSc students.
- Involvement and guidance of the students in the research laboratories
- Clear scientific vision on the contribution to Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in management of professionals, aimed at developing people and creating synergy.
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills demonstrating the potential of building your own research group.
- Strong cooperation skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Eager to acquire and manage externally funded national and international research projects (e.g., Horizon Europe, industry, The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey).
- Strong academic and industrial network and research interactions on the national and international level, proven by joint collaborations, projects and publications.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Application: To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter/statement outlining your experience and what you feel you can bring to the role.
Apply for Assistant/Associate Professor in Mechanical Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly