Research Fellow, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
6 days left
- Full Time
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering is looking for a Research Fellow.
The Research Fellow will work on a project to conduct research on design and testing of smart connectors for Prefabricated Prefinished Volumetric Construction (PPVC) units. The roles of this position include:
- Reviewing the current designs of steel and concrete connectors of PPVC units.
- Re-engineering of connector designs to incorporate deformation/displacement sensor and to include communication capability.
- In-situ lab testing of designed smart connectors under emulated service loads and measurement of deformation/displacement.
- Finite element modelling and analysis of smart connectors using commercial software such as ANSYS, ABAQUS etc for verifying structural integrity.
- Testing of designed smart connectors at the site and development of metrics for standardization.
- Write project reports and scientific research papers for publication, attend and present the research outcomes in relevant meetings/conferences.
- Re-engineer PPVC connector design to incorporate deformation/displacement sensors
- Lab and site tests on developed smart connectors
- Conduct numerical simulation on smart connectors
- Develop metrics for standardization of PPVC connectors
- Write reports and scientific research papers for publication
- PhD degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of Prefabricated Prefinished Volumetric Construction and assembly is highly preferred
- Knowledge of structural design, mechanics and finite element analysis is desired
- Expertise in sensing, data acquisition and interpretation
- Publication track record is an advantage
- Proficiency in English