- A key role coordinating the efficient, safe and customer friendly management of providing the student accommodation
- Managing marketing of residential accommodation to potential students
- Full time, Continuing, Ballarat
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Since March 2012, Student Engagement and Services (SES) has developed a range of programs broadening the opportunities for students in the co-curricular space at ACU. The ACU Strategic Plan, Students Learning and Teaching Portfolio Operational Plan and the Learning for Life Strategy have shaped the need for the development of such programs and services.
ACU Living and Learning Communities aim to provide the opportunities for student support and development. At ACU, education is holistic and our Living and Learning communities promote academic achievement, health and wellbeing, sport, spirituality, internationalisation, leadership and community engagement.
More specifically the role entails:
- Providing administrative and business support at the ACU student accommodation, in Ballarat and Canberra.
- Coordinating the efficient, safe and customer friendly management of providing the student accommodation beds under the direction and vision of ACU’s Living and Learning Community.
- Managing marketing of residential accommodation to potential students, assist the Properties directorate in the management of the facility and assist the Manager Living and Learning Communities in delivering the outcomes of the Organisational Unit plan.
- Ensure after-hours on-call duties are managed between the position holder and Administrative Officer to provide students with access to support 24 hours a day.
You will need to have:
- Completion of a relevant degree; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training with experience in Student Accommodation, Facilities Management and/or Emergency Management processes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels, including stakeholders external to the organisation, to provide an excellent client service and meet organisational objectives.
- Strong administrative, planning, organisational skills and IT skills, including word processing, database management, Excel and web and experience with Property management Software, such as StarRez and financial management systems.
- Knowledge of residential tenancy legislation and similar landlord legislation, along with possession of a Real Estate License or demonstrated willingness to obtain.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $103,134 - $111,621 pa, including salary component $87,149 - $94,321 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Simone Gallo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: 11:55 pm Thursday 6th August
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.