Organization Name Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
A Research Scientist position is available at Khalifa University of Science and Technology (Abu Dhabi, UAE) under the Advance Power & Energy Center focused on the development of a standard design for large scale photovoltaic (PV) power plant at transmission level interconnection with dispatching capability. The PV plant architecture including hybrid AC/DC grid, advanced AC/DC protection schemes, centralized and decentralized controllers and communication infrastructure will be developed.To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University. Since the Research Scientist experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Develop Smart Active Distribution Network Planning Tool for Maximizing Customer- Owned PV Penetration Levels Considering Uncertainty of PV Installations.
- Developing standard design for Large Scale PV Power Plant with Hybrid AC/DC MV Grid that will consider minimizing the number of power electronics components with ensuring high efficiency and reliability of the PV power plant and ESS.
- Design Optimal PV Power Plant Architecture with AC/DC grid connections;
- Design centralized and decentralized Controllers for Hybrid PV power Plant;
- Develop protection schemes for PV power Plant with Hybrid AC/DC MV grid;
- Support in building a hardware validation test bed.
- Support in writing project reports, research articles, proposals, and presenting research achievements at conferences/seminars as well as filing possible patent application out of the project results.
- Assist in supervising undergraduate/graduate students working on tasks relevant to the project.
Interested candidates should have a Ph.D. in Electrical engineering with strong background in Power System Operation and Control. The candidate must have an established record of scholarship with significant journal publications and demonstrated expertise in power system and control.
- Very strong background in Power system operation;
- Power System optimization & Control
- Renewable energy integration
- Self-independent and self-motivated;
- Very good mathematical background. Experience in Modeling;
- Very good written and oral communication skills;
- Work experience in relevant research projects is preferable.
- Minimum 2 years of post-doc experience
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).