Research Scientist, Physics
Organization Name: Physics
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Since the Research Scientist, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Research Scientist tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Perform electron microscopy of materials including semiconductors, metals, and nanomaterials
- Perform cryo electron microscopy of liquids, particularly crude-oil emulsions
- Write reports on the progress of projects
- Write manuscripts to publish papers in conferences and peer-reviewed journals
- Work with and/or establish new collaborations with other researchers
- Help writing project proposals
- Mentoring the MS and PhD graduate students
- PhD Degree in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science & Engineering, Petroleum Engineering
- Proven ability for writing peer-reviewed publications by presenting first author publications
- Proven record of experience on working with advanced techniques of scanning electron microscopes (SEM) and transmission electron microscopes (TEM)
- Full knowledge and experience of preparing TEM specimens with focused-ion-beam dual-beam SEM
- Knowledge and experience of cryo electron microscopy
- Knowledge and experience of aberration corrected TEM
- Knowledge and experience of nano-beam diffraction
- Knowledge and experience of 4D scanning TEM
- Knowledge of crude-oil emulsions
- Min. (5+) years Postdoc experience with good research achievements/potential
How To Apply
- CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).