Assistant Dean for Clinical Affairs
Khalifa University - College Medicine and Health Science
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute ofScience and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology andResearch (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce worldleaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, the Assistant Dean for Clinical Affairs at Khalifa University’s College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS) supports the Associate Dean in development and implementation of clinical programs in the areas of medical student education, development of additional postgraduate training positions,development of a robust cme program and coordination with Abu Dhabi and UAE rapid response resources.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
The Assistant Dean for Clinical Affairs, working with the Associate Dean for Clinical affairs,will play a major role in developing a plan to develop a solid clinical base tomeet the needs of the educational and research missions of the CMHS
- Participates in negotiations with hospitals and other healthcare systems
- Seeks opportunities to bring additional revenue enhancement programs to the CMHS
- Works with Assistant Dean for Medical Education in providing oversight and delivery of the third-and fourth-year curriculum and in clinical assignments in the first two years.
- Assists Program Manager for Affiliate Relations in the evaluation of faculty development needsat each of the clinical affiliates and coordinates follow up with the Assistant Dean for Faculty Affairs
- Travels to affiliate locations on scheduled basis to meet with clinical Chairs, Clerkship Directorsand key clinical faculty to obtain feedback on student performance in theclinical setting
- Coordinates with Assistant Dean for Graduate Medical Education in developing GME positions forgraduates
- Assists Program Director for Outreach and Response in coordinating with responsible authoritiesin Abu Dhabi and UAE a program for rapid response to emergencies
- Assists Program Director for Continuing Medical Education in developing a robust CME program
- Updates program policies as needed
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the Dean of CMHS or by the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs.
- Ensures adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and reports breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensures coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the Dean and his line managers.
- Medical Degree (MD,MBBS or equivalent) required
- Track record ofsuccess in leadership in an academic medical center
- Required Experiences
- Experience in medical education in a medical school in UAE or abroad
- Ability to work with attention to details
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).