Professor, Digital Health
- Leader in Digital Health
- Drive Digital Transformation in Health
- Innovate, Engage and Lead in the new Digital Health Centre
- Academic Level E plus 17% super, based in the Bundoora campus
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
As the Professor of Digital Health, you will play a pivotal role in bringing RMIT university to the forefront in driving digital transformation in health. Your strategic approach will be essential as you provide critical expertise and leadership to the development and delivery of digital health including telehealth, AI and big data analytics in Health.
You will have a strong track record in academia and be driven by research of the health care sector coupled with deeply imbedded links to industry. Naturally you will be a proven leader with the ability to engage and partnership and drive those relationships further. You will help to transform our presence in the sector and contribute immensely to our vision in digital health and to be a recognised STEMM leader in Australia and internationally.
- Lead and foster excellence in teaching and research in the discipline within the University and within the community, professional, commercial or industrial sectors.
- Ensure implementation of best practice teaching strategies within discipline and dissemination of innovative practices across the University
- Having achieved distinction at national and international levels and with recognition as an eminent authority in the discipline/industry, lead research contribution including: leading publication effort of research team/s and extending dissemination activities; identifying and attracting external research funding to sustain research growth across the University; supervising higher degree by research candidates involving leading industry organisations.
- Provide leadership and foster excellence in policy development in the academic discipline within the University and within the community, professional, commercial or industrial sectors.
- Lead School and College and participate in University strategy development and governance.
About Science, Engineering and Health/ School of Health and Biomedical Sciences
The College comprises three Schools delivering a broad range of programs in science, engineering, health and technology at higher education certificate, bachelor, masters and PhD levels. There is a vibrant research community attracting funding from a range of government and industry sources. The College has an annual income of approximately $500 million (with over $50 million in external research income p/a) and employs around 1,400 staff providing on and offshore programs to approximately 30,000 students (including 1,200 PhD students).
The School of Health and Biomedical Sciences comprises three Academic Clusters (Allied Health, Applied Health, and Biomedical Sciences). Primarily based at the RMIT Bundoora campus, we undertake teaching and research across ten disciplines: Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Exercise Science, Human Biosciences, Laboratory Medicine, Medical Radiations, Nursing, Osteopathy, Pharmacy and Psychology.
Digital Health is a strategic focus to strengthen the Schools education, research, community service and industry engagement and to ensure that our graduates are Life and Work Ready in the increasing competitive challenge health and biomedical industry.
RMIT University is a Bronze Award Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
This position requires a PhD in a relevant field.
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- We placed 11th in the 2019 Talent Board APAC Candidate Experience Awards.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency three years in a row!
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- The launch of our second Reconciliation Plan, Dhumbah Goorowa- a "commitment to share" - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for this role.
Applicants must separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description and provide a portfolio of successful industry partnership cases.
Applications close on Sunday 23 August 2020.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Amelia at email@example.com
We are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us via your preferred type of communication: email TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au or call Kassie on +61399252442 with your request(s).
Receive opportunities at RMIT directly to your inbox by subscribing here.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.