Graduate Student Recruitment Specialist, Graduate Studies Deanship
The Graduate Studies Deanship Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Graduate Student Recruitment Specialist who is a critical member of the graduate enrollment management team with primary responsibility for the development and successful execution of an annual strategic Graduate Student Recruitment plan to drive graduate student recruitment efforts with the aim to build a robust, well-qualified and diverse pipeline of applicants. The incumbent guides prospective graduate students through application, admission and enrollment requirements in accordance with College policies and procedures and is accountable for the achievement of graduate enrollment goals for each graduate program offered by Zayed University, as expressed in the Graduate Studies Deanship’s Strategic Graduate Programs plan.
The position is focused on developing one-on-one relationships with prospective graduate students that are mutually beneficial for the College and student. In many cases, recruiting efforts involve reaching out to prospective students proactively and, in other cases, they involve responding to prospective students who demonstrate an interest in graduate programs offered by Zayed University. This position is accountable to implement and evaluate graduate student recruitment strategies, develop graduate student recruitment methodologies, and effectively use CRM tools to collect, manage and analyze data to optimize graduate student recruitment efficiency and effectiveness.
Under the direction and guidance of the Dean of Graduate Studies:
Graduate Student Recruitment
- Spearheads in partnership with College graduate program stakeholders, and is accountable for the development, implementation and evaluation of an annual strategic Graduate Student Recruitment Plan to effectively build a strong pipeline of prospective graduate students for each graduate program offered by Zayed University.
- Assumes accountability for the achievement of graduate enrollment targets for each graduate program offered by Zayed University, as expressed in the Graduate Studies Deanship’s Strategic Graduate Programs plan.
- Conducts international and regional market research to recommend and adapt best practice for efficient and effective graduate student recruitment strategies.
- Initiates, develops, ope-rationalizes, evaluates, documents and reports graduate student recruitment strategies to increase applicant conversion rates across all graduate programs.
- Demonstrates proactive prospect management skills: sources suitable prospect graduate students for consideration by College graduate program stakeholders; proactively manages prospective graduate students to meet anticipated needs of the cohorts; effectively manages prospective graduate students through the application process providing timely and factual communication to all graduate program stakeholders.
- Spearheads and manages comprehensive, targeted and timed CRM communication strategies starting at inquiries and moving through the enrollment funnel with customized messages at each stage.
- Ensures applications for graduate program admission meet all graduate program requirements.
- Works with the Graduate Programs Admissions staff member to ensure that applications are completed in a timely manner for review by the College graduate program stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively and supportively with other staff members in Graduate Studies Deanship and Colleges to collectively interface with prospective students through the selection and admission processes across all graduate programs.
- Serves as primary point of contact and response for prospective students.
- Assumes ultimate accountability for all communication efforts by email, telephone, online, and in-person as it relates to the graduate student recruitment function.
- Provides accurate, professional and knowledgeable information relevant to graduate program offerings, financial options and policies and procedures for application to graduate programs.
- Works collaboratively with the College graduate program stakeholders and the Graduate Programs Admissions staff member to build ongoing relationships with graduate student prospects and applicants to maintain continuous communication through to graduate student registration.
- In liaison with the Dean of Graduate Studies and College graduate program stakeholders, accountable for cultivating strategic relationships with ministries, government agencies, private sector organizations, multiple academic units as well as departments within the University and the graduate enrollment management team members to identify prospect graduate students and enhance opportunities for expanded enrollment for all graduate programs.
- Effectively coordinates with graduate program stakeholders on matters relating to graduate student recruitment, admission and retention.
- Works with the Graduate Programs Enrollment and Marketing staff member to develop graduate program marketing materials including content on the Graduate Studies Deanship’s website, provides input to graduate program marketing campaigns and communicates important public relations and news content.
- Represents the University’s graduate programs in a professional manner to build the brand in the UAE and global marketplace.
Graduate Student Recruitment Strategies
- In cooperation with an interdisciplinary team, spearheads and is accountable for the planning and coordination of graduate student recruitment campaigns, as defined in the Graduate Student Recruitment Plan, including information sessions, class visits, open day events, webinars, company visits, alumni events, training and educational exhibitions, career fairs and other graduate student recruiting events to attract prospect graduate students for upcoming cohorts.
- Responsible to independently manage graduate student recruitment at career fairs and training and education exhibitions.
- Leads any yield events for admitted students to encourage them to enroll at Zayed University.
- Participates in various alumni, orientation and graduation events.
CRM and Reports
- Accountable for actively and effectively using the approved CRM software platform to ensure the accurate, complete and thorough documenting, tracking and measuring of data entries and communication with prospective students and recruiting campaigns.
- Advises on CRM system enhancements and improvements.
- Monitors the quality, efficiency and timeliness of data entries/approvals/communications by graduate program stakeholders.
- Tracks and reports progress towards graduate student recruitment-related goals to graduate program stakeholders at regular intervals during peak graduate students recruitment periods.
- Accountable for evaluating, analyzing and interpreting relevant graduate student recruitment data and statistics to prepare regular, timely, detailed, quantitative and qualitative reports that critically inform graduate program stakeholders on marketing, graduate student recruitment and graduate enrollment related issues.
- Serves on project teams that enhance the development of internal processes that impact recruitment, admission and retention.
- When required, supervises, reviews and manages Student Office Assistants’ tasks and projects related to recruitment activities.
- Effectively contributes to additional projects and other duties as required by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and a minimum of 4 years relevant experience in representing higher education institutions to the public and to government and private sector sponsors or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Expert knowledge of a prospect management system and strong experience in using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Demonstrated experience with data reporting, analysis and planning.
Other Essential Requirements
- Tact, discretion and political acuteness.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, organizes time both in and out of office, manage time and effectiveness in high demand periods, prioritize and complete tasks to deadline.
- Skilled in respectful, sensitive communication with people at all levels within the institution that is diverse in their cultures, language groups and abilities.
- Commitment to maintaining ethical student recruitment standards.
- Strong organizational skills to plan, implement and evaluate numerous and simultaneous recruiting events.
- Commitment to customer service and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, is attentive to detail, and maintains a positive attitude.
- Fluency in verbal and written Arabic & English.
- Willingness to gain knowledge of graduate enrollment management practices specifically related to student recruiting plans and strategies.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, and respond tactically to enrollment opportunities and challenges.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evening and weekend hours to meet operational needs.
- Ability to travel in the United Arab Emirates as well as internationally.
- Annual leave may be restricted during peak graduate student recruitment periods.
Desired or Preferred Requirements
- Experience in strategic planning, graduate student retention strategies, and graduate enrollment policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated previous experience in developing and executing graduate student recruitment plans.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and evaluate numerous and simultaneous recruiting events.
- Superior knowledge of admission practices and principles in a higher education setting.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., Cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.