Assistant / Associate / Professor (D2) of Geography
First-Level Discipline: Geography
Second-Level Discipline: Global Environmental Change:
Subject 1: Aerosol, Cloud Physics and Radiation
Subject 2: Global Environmental Change
Subject 3: Land Surface Energy Balance
Responsibilities for Subject 1: Aerosol, Cloud Physics and Radiation
- Talent training: actively undertake teaching tasks; undertake the task of training postgraduate and doctoral students, and carry out discipline-related research;
- Research: take targeted efforts to build a distinctive discipline according to the strategic development plan;
- Team building: actively join competitive scientific research teams;
- Discipline building: actively carry out international cooperation and exchanges, and strengthen communication with international scientific research institutions.
Responsibilities for Subject 2: Global Environmental Change
- Engage in research on Atmospheric Science and Numerical Simulation of Global Environmental Change;
- Propose innovative ideas, prepare high-level project application, apply for various research projects at all levels and accomplish them with high quality;
- Participate in earth system model development and application and assist with the development of the Community Atmosphere Model (CAM); and participate in the development and application of Global and Regional Air Pollution Models;
- Undertake the training and teaching tasks for postgraduates.
Responsibilities for Subject 3: Land Surface Energy Balance
Rebuild the global land surface climate data set with the input of the latest observation data, regular meteorological observation data, satellite remote sensing inversion and model simulation, conduct land surface energy balance change monitoring and attribution study based on the existing data, and analyze the land surface energy balance and climate change feedback mechanism. Publish at least 1 paper on high-level journals every year, and apply for scientific research projects above the province and ministry level during the tenure.
Hiring criteria for Subject 1: Aerosol, Cloud Physics and Radiation
Meet the BNU hiring criteria for Backbone Talents of D2 level of science and engineering, and achieve international frontier results recognized by peers.
Hiring criteria for Subject 2: Global Environmental Change
- Meet the BNU hiring criteria for Backbone Talents of D2 level of science and engineering, and meet the following conditions:
- With solid knowledge and skills, correct moral values on science and technology, teamwork, hardworking, and rigorous scholarship, and communication and coordination skills;
- Achieve scientific research results and publish 5 high-quality papers on numerical model as the first author;
- Acquire a doctoral degree in Atmospheric Physics and Atmospheric Environment, Global Environmental Change, etc.;
- Independently undertake state-level projects such as the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) projects, with experience in key model research and development projects, and obtain research results of great value.
Hiring criteria for Subject 3: Land Surface Energy Balance
Meet the BNU hiring criteria for Backbone Talents of D2 level of Science and Engineering, achieve results recognized by peers, and with the ability to independently carry out teaching and research in atmospheric science.
For more details on the Eligibility, Remuneration and Benefits, please visit BNU Global Recruitment - Beijing Campus
For more information and to submit your application, please refer to below contact details.
About Beijing Normal University (BNU)
Established in 1902, the Beijing Normal University (BNU or colloquially Beishida) began as the Faculty of Education of Capital Metropolitan University, which facilitated teacher training in Chinese higher education. It is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in China and was recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education as a Class A Double First Class University. BNU was one of the first Chinese institutions to recruit international students, and now has around 1,800 long-term international students from over 100 countries and regions. Known for its Mandarin Chinese study programmes, BNU also collaborates with Princeton University for the Princeton in Beijing program.
To learn more about us, please visit www.bnu.edu.cn
Apply for Assistant / Associate / Professor (D2) of Geography
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly