Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/Lecturer/ Assistant Lecturer - International Affairs
Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/Lecturer/ Assistant Lecturer, Jindal School of International Affairs (JSIA)
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is an Indian University providing world class education, located in the National Capital Region, Delhi (Sonipat), India. JGU is a vibrant intellectual community of 5100 students and 1000 faculty and staff members representing 32 countries in nine multidisciplinary schools: Law, Business, International Affairs, Public Policy, Liberal Arts and Journalism, Art & Architecture, Banking & Finance and Environment & Sustainability. JGU is dedicated to promoting global learning through its global faculty, global curricula, global collaborations, global research and global programmes. JGU is the youngest university to be ranked in the Top 3% universities in the World and in the Top 150 universities (under 50 years of age) by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World Rankings 2020.
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) invites applications for faculty positions in Jindal School of International Affairs (JSIA)
JSIA is looking for a qualified candidate in following courses/fields-
- International Relations & Theory
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate/ graduate courses, conduct research, mentor students and engage in school and university level activities.
The candidate will also be expected to have a scholarly research program in his/her field of expertise that could involve undergraduate students. We are especially interested in candidates who have demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching & scholarship and excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with an increasingly diverse array of students and colleagues.
The successful candidate will value collegiality and service to their department/institution along with the demonstrated capacity to teach undergraduate courses. At JGU, we value interdisciplinary approach and experiential learning, and therefore, we expect the successful candidate to have strong inclination towards these.
Qualification & Experience:
- Doctorate in the related discipline at the time of application.
- University-level teaching experience in areas related to the focus of the position
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching
- Commitment to serving a culturally diverse student body.
Knowledge & Abilities: The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are broadly prepared and have a depth of knowledge in the discipline. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and service to diverse student population;
- Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals;
- Ability to participate in the development of curriculum, including curriculum delivered via new modalities;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to assess student learning outcomes.
- Ability and experience in collaborating with faculty and community partners.
- Record of funded research projects.
- Overseas Qualification and International experience.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ph.D. in the respective discipline
- Ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement
- Prior teaching / industry experience strongly preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
JGU is an equal opportunity employer and offers internationally competitive salary and benefits commensurating candidate's qualification and experience.
Apart from a competitive salary, JGU offers research benefits comparable to the top international universities along with comprehensive health and accidental insurance coverage, accommodation on university campus, staff development allowance, research grants, research rewards for publications and other benefits.
Applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest (teaching, research & institution building)
- At least two references with full contact and e-mail information (References will not be contacted without applicant's consent)
Submit your applications to HR@JGU.EDU.IN
Apply for Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/Lecturer/ Assistant Lecturer - International Affairs
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly