Research Fellow, School of Biological Sciences
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The School of Biological Sciences is looking for a Research Fellow to provide significant contributions to achieve the milestones for the funded project on the discovery, characterization, re-engineering, and production of novel ligases.
To participate in one or more of the following projects:
- To work on the discovery of novel ligases by isolation.
- To work on the discovery of putative ligases by data mining and theoretical analysis.
- To work on the structure determination, biochemical characterization of peptide ligases and dynamic studies of ligases.
- To work on the design of peptide ligases.
- To work on the recombinant expression of ligases in optimization and mutagenesis.
- To work on the validation of ligases in chemical biology, protein labelling and derivatization.
- Applicant must have a PhD degree in Biosciences or related courses.
- Isolation, characterization and expression of peptidyl natural products and protein ligases from medicinal plants and microbes. Candidates with strong analytical techniques and protein expression experience would be a plus.
- Expression and mutagenesis of protein ligases. Require candidates with strong background in protein expression and directed evolution mutagenesis.
- Assay development. Candidates must have a strong background in molecular and cell biology in signal transduction.
- Peptide chemistry. Require candidates with a strong background in the chemical synthesis of cysteine-rich peptides and oxidative folding of disulfides.
- The position requires a highly motivated individual who has both drive and initiatives.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU