Senior Research Fellow, School of Biological Sciences
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The School of Biological Sciences is looking for an experienced research leader to supervise junior researchers (research fellows and students) and provide significant contributions to achieve the milestones for the funded project on the discovery, characterization, re-engineering, and production of novel ligases.
To participate in one or more of the following projects:
- To work on the discovery of novel ligases by isolation.
- To work on the discovery of putative ligases by data mining and theoretical analysis.
- To work on the structure determination, biochemical characterization of peptide ligases and dynamic studies of ligases.
- To work on the design of peptide ligases.
- To work on the recombinant expression of ligases in optimization and mutagenesis.
- To work on the validation of ligases in chemical biology, protein labelling and derivatization.
- Applicant must have a PhD degree in Biosciences with more than 5 years postdoctoral experience.
- Isolation, characterization and expression of peptidyl natural products and protein ligases from medicinal plants and microbes. Candidates with strong analytical techniques and protein expression experience would be a plus.
- Expression and mutagenesis of protein ligases. Require candidates with strong background in protein expression and directed evolution mutagenesis.
- Assay development. Candidates must have a strong background in molecular and cell biology in signal transduction.
- Peptide chemistry. Require candidates with a strong background in the chemical synthesis of cysteine-rich peptides and oxidative folding of disulfides.
- The position requires a highly motivated individual who has both drive and initiatives to lead a team of research staffs and students.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU