Postdoctoral Fellow, Mechanical Engineering
5 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Mechanical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
Applications from recent PhD holders in the area of Fluid dynamics are sought to support an interdisciplinary project funded by Khalifa University between the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering departments to develop instrumentation and sensor systems. The appointment will be for 34 months and starts by September 2020. The project’s aims to substitute the actual costly chemical-based facility used for oil-water de-emulsification by a sustainable and environmental friendly solution, which consists of smart sensors and actuators, embedding state of the art algorithms of AI and machine learning. The task will involve usage of Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) to map the two-phase flow field inside a flow conditioner. Therefore, the successful candidate is expected to have a proven track record and experience in using techniques such a PIV/LDV and the ability to work independently. Additional proven experience in CFD of turbulent multiphase flows using known commercial (Ansys) and/or non commercial software and other experimental techniques in fluid flow measurements will be an advantage. The post The post holder will be located in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates).
The key strategic roles of the successful candidate would be:
- Lead the project to successful completion under the guidance of Faculty
- Designing and conducting experiments
- Reading the current literature on the subject and writing technical reports and papers
- Coordinating different parts of the project with other postgraduate and undergraduate students
- Disseminating results through high quality scientific publications
- Looking after the experimental facility
- Conducting CFD experiments and analyzing results
The key operational roles of the successful candidate would be:
- - Conduct a series of experiments to map the turbulent two-phase flow using PIV/LDV and high speed photography
- - Look after the experimental facilities
- - Conduct CFD calculations
- - Co-supervise graduate students
- Provide guidance and supervision to undergraduate and graduate students who work on the project.
- PhD Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Proven experience with PIV/LDV techniques in turbulent flows. Usage of CFD packages for two-phase turbulent flow simulations. Familiarity with turbulence modelling will be an advantage.Familiarity with ultrasonic waves interaction with liquids using CFD or FEM tools will be a great advantage for the project
How To Apply
Kindly attach CV and research interest statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow, Mechanical Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly