Organization Nam eDepartment of Chemistry
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
Exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic interdisciplinary research group whose focus is to determine biomarkers associated with the high prevalence of diabetes in the UAE. As a research assistant working in the department of chemistry you will have the unique opportunity of utilizing your analytical chemistry skills within the burgeoning field of metabonomics enabling new biomarker discoveries associated with non-communicable diseases.
The operational responsibilities of the RA include
- Provide technical experience in carrying out the research projects.
- Assists in the design of experiments, techniques, and protocols.
- Collect and analyze data from experimental procedures and discuss results with the principal investigator.
- Document experimental results and maintain an organized laboratory notebook.
- Publish research results in a journal appropriate to the field in a timely manner, may present findings in a meeting
- Assist in general laboratory operation
- Contributes to University-wide working groups or committees as requested.
- Fosters service by contributing to the community at large in participatory, developmental and advisory capacity.
- Supports and participates in research activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or any related science major. A minimum of 2 years’ experience is required. Candidate must be able to work independently
- Analytical Instrumentation 1H NMR; HPLC and MS based technologies
- Applicants must demonstrate a proven track record of, or high potential for, high-quality scientific research, as evidenced by their publication records and/or letters of recommendation. Candidates interested in translational research and entrepreneurship are encouraged to apply
- Experience in metabon(l)omics and utilizing mathematical programming tools such as R or MATLAB
How To Apply
Kindly attach CV and Research Interest Statement.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Apply for Research Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly