Service Quality Management Officer
DEPARTMENT: XJTLU Learning Mall
POSITION TITLE: Service Quality Management Officer
LOCATION: Suzhou Industrial park campus & Taicang campus
SALARY: Lecturer 3: 16,937 – 19,011 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 21,845 RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
POSITION OPEN DATE: Immediate
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: August 21, 2020 (as long as needed to find a viable candidate)
JOB ID: 996261
CONTRACT TYPE: Full-time
UNIVERSITY AND DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is China’s leading Joint Venture university. Founded in 2006, it now has almost 1,000 students in China; and another 3,500 in Liverpool completing degrees. It plans to grow to about 27,000 students by 2025. The strengths of the university are in Science and Technology, as well as some professional subjects like Architecture and Business. There are currently 865 academic staff, about half of whom are not citizens of the People’s Republic of China (PRC). The language of instruction, committees, and administrative work at XJTLU is English.
XJTLU is located in the Higher Education Town of Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP), well-connected via nearby airports to cities such as Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Taipei, and via high-speed rail to other major cities in China, including nearby Shanghai. SIP is a significant growth zone, including operations run by more than one-fifth of the Fortune 500 top global companies. Greater Suzhou is now the fourth-largest concentration of economic activity in China in terms of GDP, and the SIP has been on the receiving end of both private and public investments into innovation and R&D.
About the Taicang campus
XJTLU is building a new teaching site in Taicang city - XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang campus), with the collaboration of the Taicang Municipal Government and industry partners, as part of its strategic priorities for the next ten years. Taicang is a county-level city in Greater Suzhou. The Taicang campus will be a pioneer of, and an educational model for, the future campus in developing talents and leaders to meet local, national, and global challenges from the 4th Industrial Revolution. XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang campus) is directed by a Leadership Team comprised of the Taicang Principal, Taicang Associate Principal, Chief Operating Officer, School Deans and Director of the Learning Mall. The Taicang Leadership Team reports through its Principal to the Executive President, who heads the Senior Management Team of XJTLU.
About The XJTLU Learning Mall
The XJTLU Learning Mall (XJTLU-LM) acts as an innovation and entrepreneurial research and development hub as well as project and partner center. It will promote the concept of lifelong learning for the XJTLU and Greater China extended learning community. It will also work jointly with core XJTLU departments and premier external partners, collaborating on critical innovation projects and initiatives.
The XJTLU-LM officially launched on 22nd May 2020, welcoming its first round of new partners: AliCloud, McGraw-Hill, AMT, Skillshare, Talespin, YouYong XinDao, CiWei, Hujiang, and more.
The XJTLU-LM will provide online and onsite space, or “storefronts,” for top global partners to share their learning content with its user audience. It will integrate onsite and online programmes developed by the university, industry and external partners, offering them as learning resources to a wide net of different education consumers. The overarching goal of the XJTLU-LM is to act as an engaging innovation community, allowing its collaborators freedom to develop their resources within its creative hub.
The online XJTLU-LM space will be an online community platform, creating a centralized location for content from XJTLU schools as well as premier global partners, which all users can access.
The onsite XJTLU-LM facility, which is currently under construction, will be one kilometer in length, and occupy space in the core circle which unites the entire XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang) campus and schools. In this space, XJTLU Learning Mall partners can host individual community spaces, leveraging their resources and contributing to a symbiotic ecosystem of learning - online and onsite, campus to community.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The role of Service Quality Management Officer is to manage and facilitate a strong quality oversight of all activities and services, both online and onsite, hosted in the XJTLU Learning Mall (LM). He/She will work closely with internal and external staff, students and external organizations to coordinate programmes, initiatives, courses, workshops, competitions, and other activities, reviewing and ensuring their academic quality based on an established standard. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring XJTLU’s high-quality academic brand and standards, guaranteeing services and activities hosted online and onsite in the LM, particularly by external partners, uphold these standards. This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity enabling the post holder to gain extensive experience across the breadth of the LM’s operations and services.
- Be responsible for quality control regarding LM content, activities and services, online and onsite, including all content provided internally as well as externally by stakeholders.
- Develop, design, and implement an internal quality control mechanism and framework in terms of LM content, activities and services. Optimize the organizational structure and work policies and processes to ensure the work effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work closely with the Director of the LM to develop and deliver the mid- and long-term strategic development plan for LM activities and services quality control.
- Organize regular review and evaluation on quality of LM content and services by various channels, such as surveys, interviews, the LM online platform, etc. Also, conduct analyses based on the evaluations and put forward the scheme for improvement.
- Provide assurance for risk management; carry out annual risk assessment and make the corresponding suggestions and solutions regarding LM content, activities and services.
- Track the evaluation progress of key projects and initiatives as well as manage the coordination and communication between the LM and stakeholders on issues of quality assurance.
- Conduct regular meetings with external vendors along with the LM Engagement Officer and carry out assessment regarding their service quality.
- Coordinate the collaboration with the Education Quality Assurance Department to ensure LM educational programmes and services, online and onsite, meet university standards.
- Contribute to enhancing the brand and reputation of the LM as well as that of XJTLU through quality assurance services.
- Report to the LM Director and be responsible for any other duties commensurate with the level and grade of this post, and any other tasks assigned as needed.
The XJTLU Learning Mall is adopting a new higher education model based on the concept of Syntegrative Education (SE). SE is a new model that has been developed by the University to address future challenges from the 4th Industrial Revolution and is a core part of the University’s strategy for the next ten-year development that stresses innovation and entrepreneurship. SE aims at training syntegrative leaders with Management skills, International perspective, Discipline-specific knowledge, and adaptability in Industry (MIDI).
The position seeks individuals who will echo these values and are passionate about innovative online, hybrid and onsite learning. The XJTLU-LM seeks team members who can model the excitement of engagement, discovery, and creativity and who are committed to education as an integrated and transformational process.
- Master’s degree in education or related field, and 3 years of experience, or Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of experience;
- Knowledge of academics and quality standards in adult and higher education, specifically online education;
- Work well independently and collaboratively with colleagues, faculty and staff in a team environment;
- Fluent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills both in English and Chinese;
- Strong organizational skills, able to priorities tasks and meet multiple deadlines;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and innovative with a keen, meticulous eye for detail.
- Strong sense of ownership and result driven.
- A fast learner willing to challenge traditional ideas around education.
NOTE: While this position will begin at XJTLU SIP Campus in Suzhou in one and half to two years it will be relocated to the XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang) located in Taicang.
- Experience with UK QA preferred but not required.
- A good track record of experience/engagement with business and industry and a commercial environment.
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s educational, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for PRC work visa.
Please send your application to AcademicPositions@xjtlu.edu.cn. In the subject line write the Position you are applying for and quote the job ID number for reference.
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to the Staff Management Team at AcademicPositions@xjtlu.edu.cn. Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.
Apply for Service Quality Management Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly