Research Assistant, Biological Sciences
2 days left
- Full Time
The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Ministry of Education, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and National University of Singapore (NUS). Hosted by NTU in partnership with NUS, SCELSE is linking new insights from the life sciences with expertise from emerging technologies in engineering and natural sciences to understand, harness and control microbial biofilm communities.
We are seeking to appoint a talented individual to join our team at SCELSE as a Research Assistant (DNA and RNA manipulations and second-generation sequencing). The Research Assistant will join a group of interdisciplinary scientists in our Public Health cluster and chemical biology programme to study bacterial biofilms and implications on clinical infections.
- Participate in a transposon sequencing (TN-seq) study to identify mechanisms of bacterial biofilm resistance
- Support our genomic, transcriptomic and proteomic platforms
- Assist in in vitro and in vivo bacterial biofilm infection studies
- Responsible for the procurement and maintenance of laboratory consumables
- Assist in the development of new experimental protocols and amendment of existing protocols
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- BSc in biological sciences or a related field and/or combination of education and experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience in biochemistry, molecular biology and genomics is required
- Experience with bacteria cloning, DNA and RNA extraction is required
- Experience with handling microbial pathogens is preferred
- Experience with handling laboratory mice is advantageous
- Comfortable and confident in handling laboratory mice if no prior experience
- Excellent organisational, documentation and communication skills
- Good sense of initiative and responsibility and a positive working attitude
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.