The Institute of Public Health (IPH) of the College of Medicine and Health Sciences, UAE University, wishes to appoint a research assistant member to contribute to its research activities in public health and epidemiology. We are looking to appoint a suitable candidate with training, experience and achievements in epidemiological researches. The IPH at the UAE University is a national hub for epidemiological studies on communicable and non-communicable diseases relevant to the health of communities in the UAE and the region. The IPH research product has been published in leading scientific journals.
- Conduct literature reviews.
- Design study and data collection instruments and protocols.
- Perform a variety of conventional and advanced statistical analyses.
- Prepare drafts of research ethical approvals
- Prepare drafts of research plans for grant applications
- Prepare drafts of research reports for publication
- Contribute to field surveys and data collection
- Contribute to publish research findings in scientific journals and present them at major medical/scientific meetings
- Liaising with stakeholders
- Perform other job-related duties as needed in relation to organization and coordination necessary to conduct and complete epidemiological studies
- M.Sc. degree in epidemiology and public health or a closely related field with experience in epidemiology (Highly preferable)
- Experience designing and performing systematic reviews and in meta-analyses (Highly preferable).
Preferred Qualification As above
- Tracked record of authored/co-authored published research outputs (Highly preferable).
- BSc degree in any medical-related field with at least 3-year experience of work in public health and epidemiology related researches.
- Experience in analytical and quantitative methods.
- Experience with statistical data analysis packages (SPSS, STATA, and/or R).
Special Instructions to Applicant Applicants should submit a letter of application and CV which should include contact details of at least 3 referees
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.-CMHS
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 0 to 0 AED