Postdoctoral Researcher The Theory of Modern Quantum Algorithms
Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology is a unique English-speaking international graduate only research university, located in Skolkovo, just outside of Moscow. Established in collaboration with M.I.T., Skoltech integrates the best Russian scientific traditions with twenty-first century innovation.
Skoltech’s Laboratory for Quantum Information Processing is lead by Prof Jacob Biamonte.
The start date is flexible but we would like to fill these position(s) as soon as possible.
The successful applicant will work in the research laboratory structure led by Prof Jacob Biamonte in the general area of quantum computation, with a focus on quantum enhanced algorithms and error mitigation on experimental devices.
The overarching project goals include:
- Develop, optimize, and benchmark variational quantum algorithms (e.g. QAOA and VQE).
- Implement quantum information processing tasks using trapped ions and optical networks available in Moscow.
- Integrate quantum computing methods with tensor network theory and/or machine learning.
The applicant should expect interaction with experimental collaborators from Skoltech, MSU and leading theory research groups overseas. In particular, applicants will join an ongoing collaboration between Skoltech, RQC and Lebedev Physical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences (LPI RAS).
English language – Advanced.
- Relevant PhD and convincing experience to undertake this level of research.
- Some familiarity with Python.
- Be able to assist in conducting the research of 2-3 extremely talented PhD students.
To apply send CV to K.Samburskaya@skoltech.ru with the subject “Application”.