Assistant Professor, Section of Animal Physiology and Immunolog
Dean of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Assistant professor
Workplace: Department of experimental biology/Selection of Animal Physiology and Immunology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: temporary position with 3-years contract, academic
Working Hours: part-time employment of 20 hours per week
Expected Start Date: negotiable
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: 9.8.2020
About the Workplace
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of the Masaryk University generating around 40 % of MU research results.
The Department of Experimental Biology - Section of Animal Physiology and Immunology at the Faculty of Science MU is a modern, fully equipped workplace where individual research groups are engaged in research at all levels - from molecules and cells to invertebrates and humans; from basic research to the application of results in human and veterinary biomedicine.
- Independent research in the field of developmental biology and experimental embryology with active publishing activity.
- Teaching within the subjects of master's study program in the field of developmental biology and experimental embryology.
- Professional care for model organisms for the study of developmental biology (Xenopus laevis and Xenopus tropicalis), including the collection of embryos for research and teaching purposes.
Skills and Qualifications
The applicant must have:
- Completed doctoral degree in the field of molecular or cell biology, animal physiology, developmental biology, embryology, etc.
- Practical experience with breeding, handling and experimental use of model organisms Xenopus laevis and Xenopus tropicalis.
- Foreign professional work experience in the field of developmental biology for at least 1 year in the past three years.
- Ability to teach in both Czech and English language.
Informal inquiries about the position can be sent to Prof. Mgr. Vitezslav Bryja, Ph.D., email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +420 549 49 3291.
- Interesting, independent and responsible work in a prestigious university environment.
- Professional team and pleasant working environment.
- Possibility of further education and professional development.
- 3 years contract.
- Flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career compatibility
- Employee benefits such as 8 weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution, contribution to lunches in canteens of MU or meal vouchers, discounted language courses, discount in the university cinema, exclusive mobile tariff offer by Vodafone
- Opportunity to work and live in a modern and dynamic city (for more information on costs of living, you can refer to Numbeo)
- Support with your relocation to Brno by our International Staff Office
The application shall be submitted online by 9.8.2020 via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below).
The candidate shall provide following:
- Structured CV including information:
- on the achieved scientific results (e. g. publishing activities, previous scientific projects, etc.),
- about previous pedagogical practice,
- on international cooperation within the given field, membership in professional committees etc.,
- about awards received within the professional community.
- Cover letter with a plan of scientific and research activities for the next 3 years (max. 1 A4).
- Names and contact details of at least 2 references.
- Copy of a PhD diploma.
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided.
If we do not contact you within 10 working days after the application deadline at the latest, it means that we have shortlisted other candidates meeting the position requirements.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal or video conference interview.
The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!